Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Still Resolutioning?

Well, it's almost the end of the first month of the new decade. How is your New Year's Resolution coming along? That good huh?

I think most people make a Resolution to stop some sort vice and to start exercising and to lose weight. Well my vice is writing. So instead of stopping something this year, I went the opposite way.

My New Year's Resolution was to get 12 things published this year. I didn't set my goals on The Rolling Stone or The New Yorker. I left my options open. And after submitting quite a few stories, I finally broke through and got two stories accepted by http://www.bartlebysnopes.com/ The stories are supposed to be published Feb. 1st exactly one month after I started my New Year's Resolution. So HA! to you slackers.

Now if you've already fallen off the wagon, this is your Tony Robbins speech for the day. You don't have to wait until next year to start trying. Instead, start at the beginning of February. And just for you, I'm going to give you this clip to watch to get you motivated.

Now get back on that that proverbial treadmill and "Run Forest Run!"

No comments:

Post a Comment